Sunday 13 May 2018

Moving my friend

Recently my friend I moved down to Florida with before moving back to Indiana told me that he too was going to be moving back here and asked for my help. He was planning on getting an apartment with his fiance nearby. I’m excited for them to be near me as I miss hanging out with my friend. I don’t care too much for his fiance, but what can I do? In order to help him move, I had to get a flight to Florida. I prefer flying to locations instead of driving. Driving takes too long, and I’ve already had to drive to Florida and eventually back from Florida. When I got down there, as much as I wanted to go visit some old friends, I had a specific reason for being there and had to stick to it. 

When I landed in Florida, my friend picked me up from the airport, and we did as we always did and grabbed some Chick Fil A on the way to his home. I got a spicy chicken sandwich deluxe, it was so good. It is my personal favorite. As we were heading to his house, I asked what we will be packing up and what those items will be going into. He told me that all we had to do was pack up his room and fill up some cardboard boxes with his clothes and other small items. As we passed our old apartment complex, we got hit with a wave of memories from that place. We began talking each other’s ears off with all the memories we had. That made the thirty minute drive fly by. 



When we got to his house, his parents greeted us with a smile and gave me a hug. The hug was big because their family is not too much for physical affection, so anytime I get a hug from his mom, it is really special. They also told us that after a long day of packing, they would treat us to our favorite shrimp tacos from a place called Doc Fords. We got so excited and began frivolously packing all of my friend’s items. We started with his clothes. He put some clothes in a duffle bag that he would live out of the next few days. Packing up his clothes as quickly as he does not have a great amount of them. Not saying he does not have clothes, just saying he does not have as much as me, which is a good thing because it took me a few hours to pack up all my clothes. 



He had a custom build computer like me, so to be careful, we took out the graphics card and made sure that part was safe and secure. We then packed up his pc as carefully as possible. We slowly began to load up the moving truck with the cardboard boxes, and after about five hours of work, we were completely done, we were in shock at how fast we were able to do it. After a day of fun, we got in the box truck and began our long drive, again. 

He and I had driven down to Florida together when I moved down to Florida, so it was nice to drive back with him. The drive was long and tedious because the box truck does not allow for you to go over seventy miles per hour. I was glad to have been able to help my friend move as unfun as it is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

How is cardboard made?

With so many different kinds of boxes for shipping and receiving, the gold standard for shipping is cardboard boxes. In this short article, ...